To enjoy your fresh strawberries even longer, try these tips.
- Don’t wash or rinse strawberries until you’re ready to use them.
- Hull berries after washing them; the leafy cap prevents berries from absorbing excess water.
- Strawberries don’t’ ripen after being picked, so be sure to use or freeze them within days of purchase.
- To prevent spoilage, keep berries chilled. However, for their best flavor, serve them at room temperature.
- To freeze strawberries, rinse and dry them; then place them whole or sliced on a cookie sheet and freeze until firm. Store frozen berries in freezer bags for easy use.
Get In Touch
Visit our store, give us a call, or send us a note.