Unlike pasteurized milk, when raw milk sours it has not spoiled. Instead, it has clabbered meaning healthy bacteria have consumed the milk’s lactose (sugar), leaving it with a sour taste. However, clabbered raw milk still offers healthy benefits so here are 15 ways you can use every drop.
- Make a smoothie, pudding, or egg dishes.
- Make your own kefir or yogurt.
- Add it to buttermilk biscuits or pancakes.
- Marinate chicken or fish in it.
- Remove the sour cream off the top for recipes.
- Use it for lighter cakes and breads.
- Make natural ricotta or cottage cheese.
- Make your own cream cheese.
- Strain it for natural whey.
- Add buttermilk cultures and make buttermilk.
- Soak grains in it to boost grain’s natural protein.
- Freeze it as cubes for an emergency substitute for buttermilk in recipes.
- Condition your hair and skin with it.
- Use it to relieve sun burns or dry skin patches.
- Polish silver with it.
Get In Touch
Visit our store, give us a call, or send us a note.
9 am – 6 pm
3769 Parris Bridge Rd
Boiling Springs, SC